Sunday, July 4, 2021

Waiting To Be Seen

No more second-hand romance Lingerie from lost lovers Grandma’s favorite apron Mama’s bedspread No leftover crumbs Of dreams let go Or standing in For the family Abandoned The dress she wore Is torn and burned I won’t wear it Anymore The ring you Put on my hand From the bottom Of the cereal box Of lucky bastard charms Never fit right anyway I don’t want to be Your goddess I don’t want to be Your muse Just let me be real To someone I’m done letting My tears water Someone else’s garden And the light I shine Used as someone else’s Limelight Love me for me I’m not someone Who’s a Once in a lifetime dream I’m one more smile One more silhouette Just a me With nothing just about her Love me for me Let me be real Another fish In a polluted sea Of tears And petals Waiting To be seen


No comments:

Post a Comment