Sunday, July 4, 2021

Young Love

You were my ecstasy
A thousand tiny
Little things
That took me higher
Than my dreams

Set my heart to racing
And my lips to smile 
And sometimes 
I still catch the 
Scent of your hair

But I wanted more
And I was scared
To care
And that breath you
Took away
Could not be found
Anywhere

So I stumbled when I fell
And lost my chance
To be for you all that
You wanted to be for me
As I drowned in that wishing well

So now my dreams have lost
All their color
And though. I swore that I’d never
I still remember the taste
Your hand  left in my hair

It was sweetness and battle
Of challenge and valor
All these things I didn’t know
Beyond the nightmares
In which I’d grown

And so I let go
I was afraid to know
That I’d pulled you down
Into all the hell  I called out from
Each night I lost my ground

Though memories fade
Do you remember the day
I took your breath away
As on the ground we laid
Eye to eye and stared

No comments:

Post a Comment