Tuesday, August 17, 2021

When You Remember Me

"The Last Bouquet" stock image

When you think of me

Remember how I fit in your arms

How our first kiss took me by surprise

But had you weak in the knees


And when you miss our nights together

Spent talking for hours and kissing till dawn

Think about the tears that dripped and trailed

as  you broke me in those deep familiar ways


One day, when you realize what your inflexibility cost

And the decades you threw away for pseudoscience

To stay inside and alone and safe all by yourself

And away from the devil you made me out to be


When you think of me and all you wanted us to be

Remember how you didn’t want me at all 

But who you wanted me to be

And leave me a memory



Photo Credit: https://lady-kelacy.picfair.com/pics/014468810-the-last-bouquet


No comments:

Post a Comment