Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ungraspable

I want you beside me.
I don't care how or as what,
just there, in spirit, perhaps.
I want you standing there with me
looking into the reflection instead
you're staring back at me from the other side.

Will water always bring you back to mind,
that universal conductor of emotion and soul...

I have nothing to offer...
I'm as substantial as the air you breathe, as solid as the harsh wind that reprimands you,
as gentle as the water that cleans the old wounds,
as elusive as the words you search to capture on paper
as fickle as the sea that ebbs with the tears you wash away.
So why would you return?

I am that which haunts your dreams
and my own, truth,
and we both know why,
somewhere within us
perhapswe've always known...

It is futile for we are both
ungraspable.

No comments:

Post a Comment