Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Telling

The woman sat at the table, the cards placed in a Celtic Cross before her. Their colors reflected in her eyes as she stared at me. We are strangers talking because of a mutual friend.

She laughed.

“The cards told on you,” she said. “Your first card is The Lovers. There is a burden of some kind obscuring the issue.”

She sat, silent, looking at me, waiting for information to be volunteered. I sat, silent, looking at her, waiting for her to continue.

“The unconscious influence is abundance—you have love, nurturing, support. I am not aware of the totality. The conscious influence is the Triad Trapeze. It will take all three of you to reach the other side.”

She sat, silent again, as I sat, silent again. My mind drew parallels and connections to those things in my life I thought could be meant. The accuracy of the statistical anomaly of pictures upon the cards scared me.

“Moving into new voices,” she continued, “you will or should start listening to your inner consciousness. You desire a possibility, the outcome is playful, free spirited. Do you know someone like that?”

“Yes.” I said, thinking that I in fact knew more than just one.

“Your outcome recognizes life is not as serious as we think it is. The card is of a woman remembering childhood without pretense signifying that she is ready for something knew.”

“I have been considering my childhood very much lately,” I answer. “And have found in it answers to why I am the way I am and how to progress without those chains binding me.”

“Your center card is Beyond Allusion.” She continues, confused. “Attracting from the outside… the butterfly on this card is the appearance, behind this is the true and eternal. Look within for the truth where the difference between dreams and reality is already known. Does that make sense to you?”

“Butterflies have always been symbolic to me,” I muse. “Past, present and future, of birth and rebirth, death and life, growth and maturity, and of myself.”She looks at me, silent, sitting, waiting. “Tell me your story.”

Then I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment